Thursday, May 07, 2009

Weekly Grind - Faith Theory

I think about faith a lot. I write about faith a lot. I talk about faith a lot.

I talk to a lot of people about faith.

I talk to teenagers and to younger kids.
I talk to adults my age, ones that are older, and ones that are younger.
I talk to people who are sure they understand faith and those that wonder.
I talk to people who have been at it longer than me and shorter.
I talk to people who are in church and those who are out.
I talk to people who love faith and those who do not.
I talk to people who look at faith as a to do list and those who see it their life.

Everyone has their own theory of faith. If that word theory feels iffy to you, don't let it throw you off. All that means is that is that we all have an understanding of our own faith that answers certain questions. The questions are up to you. It could range from "What do I do on Sunday morning?" to "Why am I here on earth?" It could range from "Why am I so blessed?" to "Why doesn't God just stop all the pain and suffering in the world?"

How confident you are in your faith theory will also determine what kind of questions and answers you may listen to from the faith theory that someone else may have. Our questions and answers may be able to exist mixed together, simply side by side, or not work together at all. Lots of things can happen: feelings have gotten hurt, doubts have been erased, congregations have divided, cultures have changed, and wars have been fought. All in the name of faith.

I would encourage each of us to make sure that we have the answers we need. Be confident with what you know and be ready to explain it to some else who is searching. If someone questions you, be ready to defend it, but also be ready to learn. Part of my faith theory is that God is not afraid of any questions, but He may be concerned with the answers we accept.

Be Blessed!
Michael

1 Comments:

Blogger McHonza said...

I've got another blog http://faiththeory.wordpress.com to further address this topic.

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home