Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Pub Church - Week 8 & 9 - Lent

Week 8
We talked about a lot of things this week.
Some shared what they would be giving up for Lent.

Week 9
This week we shared how our Lent commitments were going.
For the most part, we have been finding it easier to do the things we have chosen to do.
We are finding more connection to God through some attempts at spiritual disciplines.

I have chosen to drink only water.
My thought process is that we need water to survive, anything else is just flavoring, a craving of the flesh.
So when I want a cup of coffee in the morning, or a soda, or tea, each drink of water becomes a reminder of my commitment to Christ, our Living Water.
Lent is a time to recall and honor Christ's sacrifice for us.
I do take off Sundays, celebrating it as a "little Easter."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home