Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Poop Washes Off

We have a nativity scene on fluffy, white, fake snow. It is on a low shelf & the dogs had swiped & (mostly) eaten various shepherds & livestock that were on the periphery of the scene.

(There is some kind of lesson here in the negative impact systematic socioeconomic discrimination as the Holy Family, Wise Men, & Angels are all still safe & sound in the "inner circle") Anyhow...

Apparently at least one of the dogs ate a fair quantity of the fluffy, white, fake snow as well. (This also brings up some interesting imagery if you've seen Will Farrell's movie Elf & wondered about the gastrointestinal ramifications of the scene in which he repeatedly eats cotton balls at the doctor's office) Based on my observations, this material doesn't necessarily "clump", but may (and again, this is only my own particular experiential observation) "trail" at said dogs time of rectal evacuation.

I'm not sure what all went on in the yard, but she took longer than usual to take care of her "business". When I called her in, she came running & I noticed what I thought was a string from a rug or blanket trailing behind her. I had mentally committed to freeing her from this foreign object. Just as I was grabbing it (with my bare hand) I realized (in horror) "That's stuck in her..."

After taking one of the strangest handfuls of anything I had ever grasped out to the trash, and one of the most thorough hand-washings I've ever undertaken, I did reflect upon the humor of the situation.

Additionally, it brings to mind that relationships can be messy, but commitment to improving each other's lives is necessary when someone else needs help. And the truth of the advice that I often give to new parents came back to me in a very real way:
"Don't worry, poop washes off of almost everything."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home